Do you have an old PC, which can’t able to run Windows 10 properly?. Then, you can install Android OS on that old PC. Recently, a new Android OS launched, known as PrimeOS. Best part is you can dual boot PrimeOS. Means, you don’t have to replace your current OS. You can run two OS in the same Computer. But, currently, PrimeOS is under development. Though, you can install beta version of it. Personally, I have installed beta version of PrimeOS on my Windows laptop. And, it is working quite better. Even, I am able to play PUBG Mobile Game.
Is it better than Remix OS and Phoenix OS?.
PrimeOS is based on Android version 7.1.2 (Nougat). And, base kernel is Linux 4.9.x LTS Google. So, it makes the PrimeOS latest Android OS for PC. Though, personally i feel, currently it isn’t better than phoenix OS. But, yes it is better than remix OS, in terms of features. But, If you need a Android OS for Gaming. Then, first choice will be phoenix OS.
Because, on even high-performance laptop. PrimeOS wasn’t able to play PUBG Mobile at highest settings. But, it doesn’t mean, game wasn’t working well. I haven’t faced any lag while playing Games. So, you can give it a try, by dual boot PrimeOS with Windows.
Prime OS features and Bugs in beta version 0.2.2.
It is an Android x86 based OS, which provides desktop experience of Android. On any Android x86 based device. It comes with start button and taskbar.
- Multi-Window support also available, similar to Windows. You can minimize, maximize and even resize Windows. Or, if you want, you can disable multi-window feature for any App.
- General shortcut also works in PrimeOS. (Like, Alt + f4 (to close window), alt + tab ( to switch multiple windows), and win + d (to enter into desktop).)
- Prime OS provides close to AOSP experience. Means, comes with only required Android Apps.
- For gaming, it comes with Decapro key mapping tool. Which helps to play Android Games using keyboard and mouse. By mapping keys. You can access this tool by pressing fn + F12 key. Though, PUBG Mobile games is pre-mapped in this Android OS.
- And, you don’t need to install third party GPU tool. Comes with in-built GPU tool to fake GPU info of any Game.
- You can also install OTA updates, if you install Prime OS in EXT4 RW partition.
- Bugs – Trackpad not works while playing Games. You have to use mouse. And, sometimes WiFi creates issue.
Dual Boot PrimeOS.
Shrink and Create Partition for PrimeOS.
To dual boot PrimeOS, we need a separate drive. So that we will not harm our current installed OS. Alternatively, you can use a blank external drive. But, if you don’t have then create a partition for PrimeOS. Minimum 20 GB partition will be enough for PrimeOS. But, create 50 GB, if you space in your HDD or SSD.
To create partition from your existing drive. You can use disk management. That you can access it by pressing Win +X key. And, from the menu click on Disk Management.
I have already written an article on, create partition in Windows 10. Read my article on shrink Windows 10 partition. (Though, I have mentioned about Linux in that article. But process is same, so ignore.)
IMPORTANT – After creating partition for the Android OS. Rename it and enter PrimeOS as drive label. It will help you to recognize drive during installation.
Download Prime OS ISO and Rufus.
To download Prime OS ISO, visit official site of it.
www. primeos. in/prime-os. (Remove Space. I can’t share link directly.)
You will get three option to download Prime OS.
- PrimeOS 0.3.0 (64-bit).iso
- PrimeOS 0.3.0 (32-bit).iso
First. Right-Click on My Computer and then click on properties. To check your system type. If you’re using x64 based processor, then, download 64-bit ISO. And, if using x86 based processor, then, you can download 32-bit ISO file.
- PrimeOS UEFI Installer.exe
Note: Third option is only for 64-bit UEFI BIOS based Computer.
To burn ISO into USB drive. You need a software. So, download Rufus.
It will help you to create bootable drive for PrimeOS.) It’s free and portable. No need to install. You can run it directly.
Create Bootable USB Drive of PrimeOS and dual boot PrimeOS.
Run Rufus tool on your Windows Computer. And, connect a USB drive. Rufus will detect it instantly. (Make sure there is no important data in that drive. Else, you will lose data. And, you need minimum 8 GB USB Drive.)
Click on select option, and, select Prime OS ISO, that you have downloaded before.
That’s it. don’t make any more changes. Click on start button.
A popup window will appear. Click on yes to write in ISO image mode. (Another popup window might can appear. To warn you about formatting the drive. Click on Yes or OK.)
Now, wait for few minutes. Until writing process get complete.
Dual Boot Prime OS in laptop / PC.
1. Keep connect USB drive. And, shut down your Computer.
2. Now, press the power key to start Computer. And, while Computer is booting up. Press Esc to stop boot process. (In your laptop or PC. Key could be different.)
3. Click on F9 to open Boot manager. From the boot manager select your USB drive. (Use arrow and enter key.)
4. Select Android-x86 Installation option and then hit enter to continue.
5. Wait for a minute. And, choose partition window will appear. You need to select partition you have created. As you can see, i have created 50 GB partition. So, I am selecting it. Press Enter after selecting right partition.
6. Now, it will ask you that you want to format drive or not. Keep it on do not format and press enter key to continue.
7. Click on Yes on next Window to install EFI GRUB2.
8. Again select Yes to install system directory as read-write. Write process will get started and will take few minutes to complete.
9. On next window, it will ask you to create a disk image to save user data. (It is basically will your internal storage to save process and data.) Click on Yes.
10. Installation process will now ask for enter a value to create disk image.
If you have created a 20 GB drive. Then, enter 16384. And, if you have created 50 GB partition, then enter 32768. Hit enter after entering value. Now, this process will take a lot time. The more value you put, the more time it will take.
11. When data.img writing process will get complete. You will able to see another Window with “PrimeOS is installed successfully” message. Also, Run PrimeOS option will appear. You just need to press enter to run PrimeOS.
Click on Proceed button. That’s it. Now, just connect WiFi. And, Enter your name and email ID for initial setup. So, this was the process to dual boot PrimeOS.
How to boot PrimeOS next time. (After shutdown.)
After shutting down the Prime OS. When you boot your Computer next time. Windows will get open instead of Prime OS. So, you have to open Boot Manager to enter into Prime OS. (Don’t forget to remove the USB drive.)
Play PUBG Mobile in PrimeOS.
PrimeOS comes with Play Store. So, you can download PUBG Mobile using it. Or, if you have OBB file and Apk file. Then, you can copy it in PrimeOS internal storage. (You can find out Android folder inside File Manager > Home.)
You can connect USB Drive and your smartphone to transfer files. No need to install any driver software.
So, connect your smartphone. And, you can find obb file of PUBG Mobile inside the Android > Obb > com.tencent.ig. (Copy this file inside Android > Obb of PrimeOS. If no Obb folder found then create.)
You can get Apk of PUBG Mobile using any Apk extrator App. (Install Apk Extractor App in your smartphone.)
Fix Black Screen Problem of PUBG Mobile.
- Open Settings > PrimeSettings.
- Click on GPUTools
- Select Pubg Mobile from apps list.
- And, then mark “Pubg Black Screen Fix” option.
That’s it. Now, you can run PUBG Mobile without any issue. To map keyboard keys in PUBG Mobile. Press F12, or Fn + F12 if F12 key is for WiFi. If you face any problem while dual boot PrimeOS with Windows. Feel free to Comment.
For 64-bit UEFI system.
If you can’t able to understand the above mentioned procedure. Then, you can use direct installer of PrimeOS. But, it is available only for UEFI 64-bit system. So, before downloading exe file. First, you have to check you have UEFI or legacy BIOS.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to open run Window.
- Type msinfo32 and press enter.
- Now, in BIOS mode you will able to see your BIOS type.
- If UEFI is mentioned in it. And, your processor is x64 based, then you can download PrimeOS UEFI installer.
1. Download Installer, and, run it as administrator.
2 .Click on Next.
3. Select installation drive, and then, type size of partition of Android in MB.
4. After entering Android size click on next, then click on start.
5. A popup will appear, click on OK.
6. Now, Installation process will get started. Ignore all CMD Window. And, your system will also get restart few times. So, don’t try to force shut down PC during process.
Note: My laptop is based on 64-bit UEFI system. But, still i am facing some external disk error. So, if you’re facing same then you can comment. I will try to find a working solution.